Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trusting God: even when life hurts

I'm ready Jerry Bridges book; "Trusting God: Even when life hurts" right now and while reading yesterday this paragraph jumped out and grabbed me . . .

"No plan of God's can be thwarted; when He acts, no one can reverse it; no one can hold back His hand or bring Him to account for His actions. God does as He pleases, only as He pleases, and works out every event to bring about the accomplishment of His will. Such a bare unqualified statement of the sovereignty of God would terrify us if that were all we knew about God. But God is not only sovereign, He is perfect in love and infinite in wisdom."


If I really allowed that truth to rest in my heart how much easier I would make things on myself.

". . .He is perfect in love and infinite in wisdom."


-j.shae

1 comment:

Amber Noella said...

Don't you just love when certain parts of a book stick out to you?! I love this.