Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Not my own

"Know ye not . . . that ye are not your own?"

"Most of us fall and collapse at the first grip of pain; we sit down on the threshold of God's purpose and die away of self pity and all so called Christian sympathy will aid us to our death bed.

But God will not.
He comes with the grip of the pierced hand of His Son, and says-- 'Enter into the fellowship with me, arise and shine.' If through a broken heart God can bring to pass His purposes in the world then thank him for breaking your heart."

--Oswald Chambers


3 comments:

Rainsong said...

So there I was, awake before the dawn (and dawn comes early in June) thinking about how I don't like the direction my life is going. Marriage in tact, life is good, but here I am feeling... pity, self-pity.

Where did that come from? I love Amy Carmichael who is known to have said something along the lines of not making others weak with pity but strong with the word of the crucified. Feeling stronger after reading your post.... I'll probably post your words somewhere on this cold web.

Deborah

Amber Noella said...

Had to read that over a few times and it is a great quote!

Anonymous said...

Arise, Shine. that is one of my life verses! Shine... you have the light living in you!